TSX falls 0.74 percent to 16,488.20
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE fell 123.64 points, or 0.74 percent, to 16,488.20.
* Leading the index were Mullen Group Ltd MTL.TO, up 8.6 percent, FirstService Corp FSV.TO, up 2.8 percent, and Aritzia Inc ATZ.TO, higher by 2.8 percent.
* Lagging shares were Cameco Corp CCO.TO, down 7.6 percent, Nexgen Energy Ltd NXE.TO, down 6.2 percent, and OceanaGold Corp OGC.TO, lower by 6.2 percent.
* On the TSX 60 issues rose and 176 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 209.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc ENB.TO, Suncor Energy Inc SU.TO and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 3.96 points, or 2.9 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 0.89 points, or 0.3 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 were flat percent, or $, to $55.88 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.13 percent, or $0.08, to $63.1 O/R
* The TSX is up 15.1 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.