TSX falls 0.64 percent to 16,193.41
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE fell 104.14 points, or 0.64 percent, to 16,193.41.
* Leading the index were WestJet Airlines Ltd WJA.TO, up 59.9 percent, Pretium Resources Inc PVG.TO, up 7.2 percent, and Alamos Gold Inc AGI.TO, higher by 7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Canopy Growth Corp WEED.TO, down 7.5 percent, Hexo Corp HEXO.TO, down 7.2 percent, and Sierra Wireless Inc SW.TO, lower by 6.9 percent.
* On the TSX 100 issues rose and 141 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and 8 new lows, with total volume of 229.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc ENB.TO, Westjet Airlines Ltd WJA.TO and Manulife Financial Corp MFC.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 3.51 points, or 2.3 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 3.38 points, or 1.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 1.38 percent, or $0.84, to $60.81 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.06 percent, or $0.75, to $69.87 O/R
* The TSX is up 13.1 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.