* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE fell 50.00 points, or 0.31 percent, to 16,296.66.
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp ELD.TO, up 4.7 percent, NFI Group Inc NFI.TO, up 3.5 percent, and SSR Mining Inc SSRM.TO, higher by 3.3 percent.
* Lagging shares were Enerflex Ltd EFX.TO, down 6.3 percent, MEG Energy Corp MEG.TO, down 5.8 percent, and Bausch Health Companies Inc BHC.TO, lower by 5.7 percent.
* On the TSX 77 issues rose and 160 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 23 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 383.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd TRQ.TO, Arc Resources Ltd ARX.TO and Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 1.62 points, or 1.1 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 1.96 points, or 0.6 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.34 percent, or $0.2, to $58.83 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.48 percent, or $0.34, to $69.77 O/R
* The TSX is up 13.8 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.