TSX falls 0.19 percent to 16,867.20
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.19 percent to 16,867.20
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd TRQ.TO, up 8.5 percent, MAG Silver Corp MAG.TO, up 6.6 percent, and Iamgold Corp IMG.TO, higher by 5.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd OR.TO, down 10.0 percent, First Quantum Minerals Ltd FM.TO, down 9.7 percent, and Hudbay Minerals Inc HBM.TO, lower by 5.0 percent.
* On the TSX 111 issues rose and 116 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 11 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 163.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were First Quantum Minerals Ltd FM.TO, Encana Corp ECA.TO and Kinross Gold Corp K.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.08 points, or 0.1 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 1.18 points, or 0.4 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.67 percent, or $0.39, to $58.48 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.3 percent, or $0.19, to $64.47 O/R
* The TSX is up 17.8 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.