TSX falls 0.08% to 17,011.40
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.08 percent to 17,011.40
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp HEXO.TO, up 15.2%, Aphria Inc APHA.TO, up 13.3%, and Cronos Group Inc CRON.TO, higher by 9.9%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc BLDP.TO, down 10.1%, OceanaGold Corp OGC.TO, down 6.0%, and SNC-Lavalin Group Inc SNC.TO, lower by 5.8%.
* On the TSX 108 issues rose and 121 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 18 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 220.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc ACB.TO, Aphria Inc APHA.TO and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 1.65 points, or 1.2%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.44 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 3.24%, or $1.85, to $55.2 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 2.5% , or $1.56, to $60.88 O/R
* The TSX is up 18.8% for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.