Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
TCF Financial (TCB): Option volume 1,388 percent above average. A surge of activity occurred in the January 9 puts, the October 12 puts and the April 10 puts. TCB rose 3.17 percent to $9.45.
Targacept (TRGT): Option volume 1,237 percent above average. A block of 3,400 February 30 calls was sold for $2.10 against existing open interest. TRGT rose 3.93 percent to $15.59.
VF (VFC): Option volume 712 percent above average. About 5,400 October 115 puts were bought for about $2.59 as an investor positioned for a drop. VFC rose 0.03 percent to $121.56.
Universal Health Services (UHS): Option volume 652 percent above average. About 2,800 November 30 puts were sold for $1.16 to $1.25. UHS fell 1.21 percent to $33.59.
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPDI): Option volume 648 percent above average. Investors bought the October 32.50 calls and sold the January 32.50 calls. PPDI rose 26 percent to $32.32.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- Sangamo BioSciences (SGMO): Option volume 538 percent above average.
- McDermott International (MDR): Option volume 535 percent above average.
- First Horizon National (FHN): Option volume 512 percent above average.
- Sensata Technologies (ST): Option volume 481 percent above average.
- Pilgrim's Pride (PPC): Option volume 462 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.