About halfway through today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's data systems.
Venoco (VQ): Option volume 1,446 percent above average. Call volume surged after the stock ripped higher. VQ rose 31 percent to $11.83.
Molex (MOLX): Option volume 740 percent above average. Investors bought about 1,700 September 20 puts for $0.50 to $0.65. MOLX rose 2.61 percent to $20.82.
Northgate Minerals (NXG): Option volume 625 percent above average. Investors bought and sold calls, with most of the activity below open interest. NXG rose 36 percent to $4.29.
CareFusion (CFN): Option volume 594 percent above average. Investors sold the October 23 puts and bought the October 27 calls, looking for upside. CFN rose 2.47 percent to $25.33.
ProShares UltraShort Gold (GLL): Option volume 502 percent above average. About 2,800 September 18 calls were purchased, mostly for $0.55, as investors looked for gold to push lower. GLL rose 3.23 percent to $16.28.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- FTI Consulting (FCN): Option volume 452 percent above average.
- USG (USG): Option volume 382 percent above average.
- Giant Interactive (GA): Option volume 373 percent above average.
- QLT (RDN): Option volume 354 percent above average.
- Windstream (WIN): Option volume 338 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.