About halfway through today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's data systems.
PMC Sierra (PMCS): Option volume 1,539 percent above average. About 4,800 January 7.50 calls were sold for $0.20. PMCS rose 1.28 percent to $33.31.
Marathon Petroleum (MPC): Option volume 894 percent above average. A position in the September 40 puts was rolled down to the September 35 strike. MPC rose 2.74 percent to $35.19.
Entergy (ETR): Option volume 698 percent above average. More than 6,000 January 35 puts were bought for $0.40. About 7,000 January 32.50 puts were also bought, apparently part of a delta-neutral strategy designed to profit from higher volatility, ETR rose 1.99 percent to $63.60.
Omnicare (OCR): Option volume 672 percent above average. An investor bought the March 35 calls and sold the December 35 calls, looking for shares to remain below the strike through late 2011. OCR fell 2.85 percent to $29.
Brunswick (BC): Option volume 583 percent above average. More than 4,500 September 16 puts were bought for $1.85 to $1.90. BC rose 1.17 percent to $14.67.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Fossil (FOSL): Option volume 452 percent above average.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): Option volume 432 percent above average.
- Lender Processing Services (LPS): Option volume 429 percent above average.
- Hologic (HOLX): Option volume 428 percent above average.
- Big Lots (BIG): Option volume 404 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.