Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
DioDelivery Systems (BDSI): Option volume 784 percent above average. More than 2,500 October 2.50 calls were purchased, mostly for $1.15 as an investor positioned for upside in the stock. BDSI rose 5.81 percent to $3.28.
Lennar (LEN): Option volume 596 percent above average. A short position in the September 16 puts was rolled to the October 13 strikes, following similar activity last week. The trade reflects a hope the stock will hold its ground. LEN rose 1.42 percent to $12.90.
iShares MSCI Germany Index ETF (EWG): Option volume 592 percent above average. A block of 10,000 September 20 calls was sold for $0.90 to $0.95, although volume was below open interest. EWG rose 0.76 percent to $19.77.
Lincare Holdings (LNCR): Option volume 570 percent above average. Investors bought the September 21 puts for $1.10 and the September 20 puts, mostly for $0.65. LNCR fell 2.68 percent to $20.33.
Sony (SNE): Option volume 550 percent above average. More than 7,000 October 23 calls were purchased for $0.70, continuing a bullish trend from last week. SNE rose 0.93 percent to $20.72.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Cloud Peak Energy (CLD): Option volume 550 percent above average.
- Collective Brands (PSS): Option volume 458percent above average.
- Graftech International (GTI): Option volume 440 percent above average.
- iShares Dow Jones US Oil Equipment (IEZ): Option volume 366 percent above average.
- CurrencyShares Swiss Franc (FXF): Option volume 352 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.