Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Motorola Mobility (MMI): Option volume 905 percent above average. Trading surged after the company agreed to be purchased by Google. MMI rose 56 percent to $38.21.
Bruker (BRKR): Option volume 751 percent above average. Some 2,000 December 20 calls were purchased for $0.30 against existing open interest. BRKR rose 0.97 percent to $14.55.
Avnet (AVT): Option volume 517 percent above average. Some 3,000 August 29 calls were purchased for $0.35 against existing open interest. AVT rose 2.02 percent to $28.28.
KKR Financial (KFN): Option volume 484 percent above average. Blocks of 3,000 contracts each traded in the October 10 calls and the October 12 calls, but volume was below open interest in both. KFN rose 2.66 percent to $8.17.
Logitech International (LOGI): Option volume 454 percent above average. Investors bought puts at several strikes that expire in December and September, although volume was below open interest in all the contracts. LOGI rose 2.33 percent to $8.78.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- JP Morgan Chase Alerian ETN (AMJ): Option volume 416 percent above average.
- PHLX Swiss Franc (XDS): Option volume 416 percent above average.
- Camelot Information Systems (CIS): Option volume 395 percent above average.
- Silicon Graphics (SGI): Option volume 377 percent above average.
- Ralcorp (RAH): Option volume 344 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.