Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Oneok (OKE): Option volume 3,683 percent above average. More than 4,000 August 75 calls were purchased for $0.20 as investors positioned for upside. OKE fell 2.78 percent to $69.51.
Healthsouth (HLS): Option volume 1,055 percent above average. A position in the August 25 puts was rolled to the August 22.50 contracts. HLS fell 4 percent to $21.
Accretive Health (AH): Option volume 861 percent above average. More than 5,000 August 30 puts were sold, mostly for $1.65 to $1.85, as investors look for the heavily shorted stock to hold its ground. AH fell 0.27 percent to $30.06.
Owens Corning (OC): Option volume 811 percent above average. More than 8,000 August 33 puts were sold against open interest for $1.45 to $2.65. OC fell 5.72 percent to $32.16.
Pultegroup (PHM): Option volume 790 percent above average. A short position in the September 7 puts was rolled to the September 6 strike for a $0.60 credit. PHM fell 3.20 percent to $6.05.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Warner Chilcott (WCRX): Option volume 747 percent above average.
- Solazyme (SZYM): Option volume 626 percent above average.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): Option volume 622 percent above average.
- Ryland Group (RYL): Option volume 594 percent above average.
- Masco (MAS): Option volume 575 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.