Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Heckmann (HEK): Option volume 3,920 percent above average. There was heavy selling in the December 5 calls and the March 5 calls. HEK rose 1 percent to $6.09.
Giant Interactive (GA): Option volume 719 percent above average. Investors bought the August 7.50 calls for $0.60 shortly after the open, looking for upside. GA rose 0.78 percent to $7.75.
AbitibiBowater (ABH): Option volume 605 percent above average. Investors purchased 1,500 October 15 puts for $0.45 to $0.50 against open interest of just 115 contracts. ABH fell 1.97 percent to $17.92.
Skilled Healthcare Group (SKH): Option volume 593 percent above average. A position in the August 7.50 puts was rolled to the August 5 strike. SKH cratered 44 percent to $4.96.
iShares MSCI Italy Index (EWI): Option volume 533 percent above average. About 1,200 August 15 calls were sold for $1 to $0.60 against existing open interest. EWI fell 3.86 percent to $15.18.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): Option volume 511 percent above average.
- Expeditors International (EXPD): Option volume 477 percent above average.
- Motorola Solutions (MSI): Option volume 475 percent above average.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): Option volume 463 percent above average.
- Standard Pacific (SPF): Option volume 449 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.