About halfway through today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's data systems.
Resolute Energy (REN): Option volume 2,202 percent above average. A block of 5,000 December 12.50 puts are sold for $0.20, reflecting a belief that significant downside is limited. REN is down 1.48 percent to $16.64.
New York Times (NYT): Option volume 971 percent above average. Buying in the October 9 calls for $0.60 to $0.65 and the July 8s for $0.40 after getting raised to "neutral" from "sell" at Lazard Capital. NYT is up 7.79 percent to $8.16.
Medco Health Solutions (MHS): Option volume 960 percent above average. Heavy buying in the July 65 calls for $0.25 as an existing position is rolled and increased from the July 60 contracts. MHS falls 2.92 percent to $57.85.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Kansas City Southern (SU): Option volume 909 percent above average.
- Exco Resources (XCO): Option volume 759 percent above average.
- Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX): Option volume 746 percent above average.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): Option volume 542 percent above average.
- Arch Coal (ACI): Option volume 527 percent above average.
- Jarden (JAH): Option volume 501 percent above average.
- Sealed Air (SEE): Option volume 483 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.