Today is the last day that you can get Microsoft Corporation's (NASDAQ: MSFT ) free Windows 10 upgrade.
Qualified users of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 can still get the free Windows 10 upgrade. However, this offer, which was first made when the new operating system was released to the public one year ago, will end at midnight.
Microsoft has released an upgrade app that helps Window 7 and Windows 8.1 users with the free Windows 10 upgrade. It can be downloaded from the company's website . Users looking to upgrade will want to make sure their PC has the requirements to run Windows 10 before downloading the upgrade app.
Here are the requirements that are needed for the free Windows 10 upgrade.
- Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- A 1 GHz or faster processor.
- 1 GB of RAM for the 32-bit version and 2 GB of RAM for the 84-bit version.
- 16 GB of hard drive space for the 32-bit version and 20 GB for 64-bit version.
- A DirectX 9 or later graphics card with the WDDM 1.0 driver.
- A display of at least 800×600.
Windows 7 and Windows 8 users will be upgraded to different versions of Windows 10 depending on what version their current operating system is. Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8.1 will be upgraded to Windows 10 Home.
Users that have Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro for Students will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Windows Phone 8.1 users will be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile.
The free Windows 10 upgrade isn't available to owners of pirated copies of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 . Microsoft said it will also stop nagging users to upgrade to Windows 10 via the upgrade app after today.
More From InvestorPlace:
- 9 Dividend Stocks to Buy With Both Fists
- 10 Stocks With More Upside Than Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- 5 Tech Stocks That Will Be Obsolete by 2020
The post Today Is Your Last Chance for A Free Windows 10 Upgrade appeared first on InvestorPlace .