Swipe (SXP) futures volumes â $45 million at last check â equal 42% of its total market capitalization, a possible sign the market is overextended.
- SXP futures is the second-largest futures market on FTX, the only cryptocurrency exchange with SXP futures.
- The 24-hour trading volume of SXP futures is only $21 million less than bitcoin, FTXâs largest market, and 58% larger than ether futures, its third-largest market.
- SXP volumes signal cryptocurrency tradersâ increasing interest in cryptocurrencies with low market capitalizations as bitcoin continues to trade in a tight range above $9,000.Â
- FTX launched SXP futures on July 13 shortly after Binance acquired the crypto wallet company behind the token.
- FTX is the sixth largest cryptocurrency exchange by open interest, according to CoinGecko.Â
- Swipe futures volume relative to its market capitalization could well be a sign that the market is overextended, said Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX. Or it could be the market capitalization is just too low, he added.
- Swipeâs market capitalization is currently $108 million, nearly $300 million smaller thanÂ dogecoin's, according to CoinGecko.
- Malaysia Crackdown Unlikely to Affect Binance, eToro
- Binance Pool Poised to Grab More Bitcoin Hashrate in Russia and Central Asia
- Binance CEO Criticizes Twitter Security After Coordinated Attack on Prominent Accounts
- Twitter Hack Takes Down Joe Biden, Elon Musk Accounts in Widespread Bitcoin Scam Attack
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.