We get the Spoken Word on the June stock market now, from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank.
- John, June is historically a flat month for the market as far as gains are concerned. But this month, there have been some events that, if persistent, could end up causing the market to finish in either direction, right?
- What might the catalysts be?
- Is Volatility the main watch word going through the summer?
- You've written that we're getting no spending lift from the consumer. What's holding consumers back?
- How's that impacting the market?
- After all that, are there still reasons to be positive on this market?
- Sectorwise, you like stocks in the Industrial, Energy and Healthcare groups. Looking at them individually, there's Reliance Steel & Aluminum (RS), China Petroleum and Chemical Corp. (SNP) and Addus HomeCare Corp. (ADUS).
That's the Spoken Word from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. With John, I'm Terry Ruffolo.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.