November 15, 2016. The EUR is the strongest. The GBP is the weakest.
As the North American traders enter for the day the EUR is the strongest while the GBP is the weakest. That means the EURGBP is moving and indeed it has moved sharply higher. It is back above the 100 day MA at 0.86213 and up 0.89%
The USD is mixed with pairs like the USDCHF, USDJPY, USDCAD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD trading near unchanged levels. The ranges are trading below the 22-day trading ranges for most pairs (sans the GBP pairs).
A snapshot of other markets, shows:
- WTI crude oil up $1.38 or 3.21%
- Spot gold up $3.69 or +0.31%
- 10 year US bond yields are down 4.6 basis points to 2.2154%
- S&P futures are up 3.25. Down futures are up 6 points and Nasdaq Futures are up 10.75 points
- US Import price index MoM is expected to be up +0.4%, YoY it is expected down -0.3% (at 8:30 AM ET)
- Empire Manufacturing is expected to rise from -6.8 to -2.5
- US Retail sales are expected to rose+0.6% with ex auto +0.5%. Ex auto and gas +0.3% and the control group +0.4%.
- Canada Teranet National Bank HPI YoY is expected to rise by +0.5% (8:30 AM ET)
- Canada existing homes sales will be released at 9 AM ET with last at +0.8%
- Fed Tarullo speaks at 9:05 AM ET.
- US Business inventories will be released at 10 AM ET. The expectations is for +0.2% increase.
- GDT dairy prices will be released today
- The Atlanta Fed GDPNow estimate will be updated today. The last estimate was +3.1%