Markets
ZBH

Strategy To YieldBoost ZBH To 13.4% Using Options

Shareholders of Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc (Symbol: ZBH) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the June covered call at the $115 strike and collect the premium based on the $5.60 bid, which annualizes to an additional 12.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost ), for a total of 13.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $115 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but ZBH shares would have to advance 1.1% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 6% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for ZBH below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 0.8% annualized dividend yield.

ZBH+Dividend+History+Chart

Below is a chart showing ZBH's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $115 strike highlighted in red:

Loading+chart++2017+TickerTech.com

The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the June covered call at the $115 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $115. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked ). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc (considering the last 252 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $113.83) to be 25%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the ZBH Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com.

Top YieldBoost Calls of the S&P 500 »

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.


The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

In This Story

ZBH

Other Topics

Options

Latest Markets Videos

    BNK Invest

    BNK Invest Inc. provides investment services and information. BNK Invest owns and operates a market news family of websites including DividendChannel, ETFChannel, StockOptionsChannel, and others, which make up an investor community featuring stock message boards, ratings, research, and strategies. BNK Invest caters to investing firms and individual investors internationally.

    Learn More