STERIS plc (STE) will begin trading ex-dividend on November 25, 2019. A cash dividend payment of $0.37 per share is scheduled to be paid on December 20, 2019. Shareholders who purchased STE prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This represents an 8.82% increase over prior dividend payment. At the current stock price of $150.83, the dividend yield is .98%.
The previous trading day's last sale of STE was $150.83, representing a -3.72% decrease from the 52 week high of $156.66 and a 52.13% increase over the 52 week low of $99.14.
STE is a part of the Health Care sector, which includes companies such as Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (ISRG) and Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (EW). STE's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $3.93. Zacks Investment Research reports STE's forecasted earnings growth in 2020 as 14.45%, compared to an industry average of 11.3%.
Interested in gaining exposure to STE through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have STE as a top-10 holding:
- Invesco S&P MidCap Momentum ETF (XMMO)
- VanEck Vectors Environmental Services ETF (EVX)
- SPDR S&P 400 Mid Cap Growth ETF (based on S&P MidCap 400 Growt (MDYG)
- iShares S&P Mid-Cap 400 Growth ETF (IJK)
- Vanguard S&P Mid-Cap 400 Growth ETF (IVOG).
The top-performing ETF of this group is IVOG with an increase of 1.47% over the last 100 days. XMMO has the highest percent weighting of STE at 2.92%.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
In This StorySTE
- AT&T Inc. (T) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for January 09, 2020
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for November 08, 2019
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for January 06, 2020
- New Residential Investment Corp. (NRZ) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for December 30, 2019