SQBG Stock: 13 Things to Know About Low-Float Play Sequential Brands as Shares Soar Today
Sequential Brands (NASDAQ:SQBG) stock is heading higher on Friday despite a lack of news that could cause the increase.
Let’s take a dive into SQBG stock and see what’s got it moving today.
- To start off with, the stock has been falling lately as investors anticipate bankruptcy for the brand licensing company.
- The company, which handles licensing for brands, hasn’t been doing so well.
- This resulted in it trying to sell back the Jessica Simpson clothing brand to the singer.
- However, talks haven’t seemed to be going well for the company.
- There have also been discussions about Martha Stewart selling shares of SQBG stock last month.
- Her sale of those shares came shortly before Bloomberg reported about an impending bankruptcy.
- That caused some to speculate that Stewart might have traded shares with insider knowledge.
- The company’s Board of Directors has also been shaken up during its turmoil.
- That includes Stewart, and several others, leaving it.
- Sequential Brands also has a low float, which makes SQBG stock a possible target for a short squeeze.
- That could be what has shares of the stock rising higher today despite all of the other recent negative news.
- We are seeing heavy trading of DQBG stock today with some 2 million shares moving.
- That’s well above its daily average trading volume of about 670,000 shares.
SQBG stock was up 25.1% as of Friday afternoon but is down 24.3% since the start of the year.
Investors hungry for more stock market news will want to keep scrolling!
InvestorPlace.com has loads of stock market news to jump into for Friday. That includes the latest news that has Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE) and Astra Space (NASDAQ:ASTR) rising, why TAT Technologies (NASDAQ:TATT) stock is getting a boost, and more. Find out all about these subjects at the following links!
More Friday Stock Market News
- Space Stocks: What to Know as SPCE and ASTR Shoot Higher Today
- TATT Stock: The Honeywell Deal That Has TAT Technologies Shares Taking Off Today
- WAVE Stock: What to Know as Eco Wave Power Shares Rocket 100% Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks. Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed
The post SQBG Stock: 13 Things to Know About Low-Float Play Sequential Brands as Shares Soar Today appeared first on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.