- South Africa has a new finance minister
- Pravin Gordhan will be sworn in Monday
- President Jacob Zuma has restored him to the post he held until 2014
The SA rand is higher following the news
Gordhan replaces David van Rooyen, who had replaced Nhlanhla Nene last week. The rand had fallen fell to its lowest level in 5 years after Nene was sacked.
h/t and thanks to a switched-on ForexLive reader in SA - thanks Tony!
Updated with chart - movement for the ZAR this morning
Latest Markets Videos
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement