Markets
SNE

Sony Buys AT&T's Stake In Game Show Network

(RTTNews) - Sony Corp.'s (SNE) unit Sony Pictures Entertainment has bought AT&T Inc.'s (T) stake in Game Show Network LLC.

Sony now fully owns the the multimedia entertainment company offering original and classic game programming to millions of subscribers through the U.S.-based cable network. Before the deal, Sony Pictures owned a 58% stake in Game Show Network, and AT&T owned the remaining 42%.

AT&T received about $500 million, including proceeds for its equity stake valued at $380 million and dividends of about $130 million, the companies said in a press release.

The Game Show Network channel will continue to be carried on DIRECT and will be managed by Sony Pictures Television with Mark Feldman continuing as president and chief executive.

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

In This Story

SNE

Latest Markets Videos

    RTTNews

    Founded in the late 1990s by Andrew Mariathasan in New York, with the goal of covering Wall Street for a new generation of investors, RTTNews has expanded steadily over the years to become a trusted provider of content for a wide array of subjects across several platforms. RTT's Financial Newswire is relied upon by some of the world's largest financial institutions, including banks, brokerages, trading platforms and financial exchanges.

    Learn More