Comments from the SNB leader Thomas Jordan:
- CHF still significantly overvalued despite euro and USD gains
- Policy of negative rates and FX intervention helping to stabilize prices
- ECB monetary policy is particularly relevant for Switzerland
- Continues to take account of exchange rates situation in setting monetary policy
- Monetary policy alone cannot remedy all ill, especially structural ones
- Will continue to make the most of Switzerland's monetary policy latitude to respond pragmatically to challenges
He's a bit more open than usual talking about FX intervention here but generally these are the same comments we've heard many times before.
EUR/CHF is near the March-April highs but still a long way from the 120+ where Jordan would like it to be.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.