Markets

Silver Quest Edges Higher As Shareholders Approve Plan of Arrangement with New Gold; New Gold Also Advancing

Silver Quest Resources Ltd. (SQI.V) shares edged up almost 1% to $1.04 from yesterday's $1.03 close after the company announced the Silver Quest shareholders voted overwhelmingly in favour of a special resolution to approve the proposed plan of arrangement with New Gold Inc. (NGD.TO).

The company said upon closing of the arrangement, New Gold will acquire Silver Quest's 25% interest in the Davidson Property, which forms the northern half of the Blackwater Project and in which New Gold currently holds the remaining 75% interest, as well as Silver Quest's Capoose Property.

NGD shares are also higher today at $10.16, about 2% above yesterday's $10 close. More than 707.4 thousand NGD shares were already traded.

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

Copyright (C) 2016 MTNewswires.com. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.


The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

Other Topics

Commodities

Latest Markets Videos

    MTNewswires

    Founded in 1999, MT Newswires (formerly known as Midnight Trader) is a leading provider of original source, multi-asset class, real-time, global financial news and information to most of the largest banks, brokerage firms and professional market data, trading & research applications in North America.

    Learn More