- Two Morgan Stanley mutual funds, Morgan Stanley Insight Fund (MUTF:CPOAX) mutual fund and its Morgan Stanley Institutional Growth Fund (MUTF:MSEQX), both focused on tech stocks, topped a Morningstar performance survey which compared 1,500 US-based actively managed mutual funds and ETFs that had at least $1 billion in mid-February, the Financial Times reported.
Source: Beyond The Scene / Shutterstock.com
- As of Wednesday, the two funds were up 59% and 55%, respectively, far outpacing the S&P 500 index.
- Both are run by the same team of portfolio managers led by Dennis Lynch,
- Top holdings include Shopify (NYSE:SHOP), Coupa Software (NASDAQ:COUP) , which provides accounting tools to businesses, Square (NYSE:SQ) and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN).
- In June, InvestorPlace contributor Louis Navellier gave COUP stock an A rating in his Portfolio Grader, and wrote “that makes it well worth considering as part of your portfolio.”
- Meanwhile, InvestorPlace contributor Luke Lango last month told readers to “stick with a long-term strategy on SHOP stock. Trim some on rallies. Buy back on dips. And ultimately stay the course for the long haul.”
The post Shopify, Coupa Boost Tech-focused Funds Rated Tops in Morningstar Survey appeared first on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.