Here's your Investing Action Plan for Tuesday: what you need to know as an investor for the coming day.
[ibd-display-video id=2523808 width=50 float=left autostart=true] Get ready for another frenzied day of quarterly reports, with hot Chinese stocks Sina ( SINA ) and Weibo ( WB ) kicking things off, followed by Tinder parent Match Group ( MTCH ) and Snapchat parent Snap ( SNAP ). Also in the mix are highly rated but lower-profile stocks like LGI Homes ( LGIH ) and Planet Fitness (PLNT).
Chinese Internet Leaders
Sina, a leading internet portal provider, reports before the market, and the consensus estimates are for EPS of 73 cents, up 30%, on revenue of $410 million, up 49%. Sina, whose stock has nearly doubled this year, owns a controlling stake in Weibo, which reports early. The consensus on Weibo, known as the Twitter ( TWTR ) of China, is for EPS of 46 cents, up 92%, on revenue of $300 million, up 69%. Weibo shares have more than doubled this year. Also coming early is Autohome (ATHM), an online provider of auto information.
Buy Love, Sell High
Match reports Q3 earnings after the close, and the provider of online dating services is expected to report EPS of 22 cents, down a penny from a year earlier, with revenue rising 4% to $329 million. While mobile app Tinder is a big growth driver, older dating websites are being revamped. Match has named a new CEO as of Jan. 1. Shares have shot up into profit-taking sell territory after breaking out in late August.
Another Loss Ahead For Snap
Snap will report Q3 results after the market close, and the consensus sees a loss of 14 cents a share on revenue of $236 million. The struggling social media platform has been hurt by Facebook (FB)-owned Instagram, which has copied all of Snapchat's most popular features. Snap came public in March with shares priced at 17. The stock hit a record high of 29.44 the following day but now trades near 15.
IBD'S TAKE:Bylearning to use call options, investors can significantly reduce risk and capitalize on basing stocks that are making breakaway gains caused by earnings reports.
Here are several more highly rated stocks with quarterly results on tap:
- Gym operator Planet Fitness is expected to log flat EPS of 16 cents on 8% revenue growth to $94 million when it reports after the close.
- Homebuilder LGI Homes is seen reporting a 53.5% EPS surge to $1.32 as revenue shoots up 62.5% to $351 million. Shares are well above buy range.
- Hotel operator Marriott (MAR) reports early, and analysts see EPS rising 7.7% to 98 cents, with revenue jumping 36.3% to $4.98 billion.
- Video game publisher Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) reports late, and analysts see EPS jumping 64% to 74 cents, as revenue climbs 23% to $517 million.
- Chip-equipment maker Coherent (COHR) is set to release results after the close, and EPS is expected to soar 131% to $3.42, as revenue nearly doubles to $477 million.