Samsung Electronic KRW5000 (OTCMKTS: SSNLF ) has announced the replacement for MicroSD Cards.
Samsung has announced the first memory card that it based on the JEDEC Universal Flash Storage (UFS) 1.0 Card Extension Standard. The memory cards are designed for use in capture devices and game console and easily outperform the MicroSD Card.
Here are a few things to know about the UFS memory cards made by Samsung.
- Capacities range from 32GB to 256GB.
- The card's sequential read performance is five times greater than a MicroSD Card's.
- It has a random read rate of 40,000 IOPS, which is more than 20 times better than MicroSD Card's 1,800 IOPS.
- The EFS memory card can reach a sequential write speed of 170MB/s.
- It also supports high-speed reading and writing at the same time via separately dedicated paths.
To learn more about the EFS memory card, click here .
More From InvestorPlace:
- 10 All-American Stocks to Buy Now
- 10 Dividend Stocks at the Right Price Right Now
- 5 Stocks to Buy for a Rocky July