Royal Dutch Shell Plc - ADR (RDS.B) shares closed today at 2.0% below its 52 week high of $52.10, giving the company a market cap of $199B. The stock is currently up 17.9% year-to-date, up 49.2% over the past 12 months, and up 13.7% over the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.6%, and the S&P 500 fell 3.5%.
- Trading volume this week was 53.4% higher than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 0.8.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was above 70, indicating it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates a downward trend.
- The stock closed above its Bollinger band, indicating it may be overbought.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price is the same as the S&P 500 Index , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
Per Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date beats the peer average by 32.5%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months lags the peer average by -10.2%
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.