Regal Entertainment (RGC) Beats on Earnings and Revenue
Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) is an American movie theater chain and the largest theater circuit in the United States. The company operates nationwide, and is comprised of three main brands: Regal Cinemas, Edwards Theaters, and United Artists Theaters. Regal Entertainment is headquartered in Halls Crossroads, Tennessee.
Currently, Regal Entertainment has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold) and is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. We have highlighted some of the key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. The company posted an EPS of $0.18, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.15.
2. The company saw revenue figures of $725 million, beating our estimate of $714 million.
3. Regal's Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.22 per Class A and Class B common share, payable on December 15, 2015, to stockholders of record on December 4, 2015.
4. "We are pleased that our ongoing concession initiatives have generated above-average growth in concession sales per patron for the fifth consecutive quarter and contributed to Adjusted EBITDA growth of almost 5% so far this year," stated Amy Miles, CEO of Regal Entertainment Group.
5. RGC was down about 2.6% at the closing bell this afternoon. In after-hours trading, RGC was up about 3.11% as of 4:30 p.m. EST.
Here's a quick graph showing RGC's recent EPS performance vs. estimates:
Check back later for our full analysis on Regal Entertainment's third quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days . Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report