Ready For The Next Market Stage? - Today's Editors' Picks
By SA Editors' Picks :
Good day! I'm your curator, Michael Hopkins.
Here are today's Editors' Picks :
- Late-stage investing (Chris Puplava)
- Think moderation (SA For FAs)
- Factor tilts and market-beating performance (Ploutos)
- Forecasting long-term portfolio returns (Niall Gannon)
- "The hardest question" for investors (Jim Sloan)
- Finally, some love for storage REITs? (Hoya Capital Real Estate)
- The whole is greater than its parts (SA Marketplace)
Chart of the day : Gain required to recover from a loss .
Comment of the day , from fishermp .
I agree that inflation explains some of the outperformance of the stock market over the earnings yield. I would also suggest that the outperformance of the stock market over earnings is due to real GDP increase. The companies that make up the stock market are worth more because of inflation and because the economy is larger. Thus for today, nominal return of entire stock market is roughly 5% earnings, plus 2% inflation, plus 2% real GDP growth or ~9% a year.
Image of the day : The fog sets in.
Quote of the day :
A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money. - W.C. Fields
Thanks for reading. Please share your "Editor's Pick" with fellow investors by posting it in the comments.
Have a great day!
See also Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Is A Pure Play - Mark Hibben's Idea Of The Month on seekingalpha.com