Grab your pencils! It's pop quiz time once again!
This time we will focus on retailers. Here we go:
1. How much did total revenue decline year-over-year for Best Buy ( BBY ) during fiscal year 2013 (11-month period ended on February 2, 2013 vs 11-month period period ended on January 28, 2012)?
2. What was Amazon's ( AMZN ) net profit margin in 2012 (net profit margin is calculated as net income / sales)?
3. What percentage of total revenues for Yum! Brands ( YUM ) - which operates KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut - came from its China division in 2012?
4. What were total worldwide sales for Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT ) in its fiscal 2013 year?
A. $350.5 billion
B. $466.1 billion
C. $587.2 billion
D. $663.9 billion
5. How much did same-store sales decline for J.C. Penney ( JCP ) in 2012 (same-store sales are defined as sales from stores that have been open for 12 consecutive months and Internet sales) ?
6. Which one of these supermarkets has reported an industry-leading 37 consecutive quarters of positive same-store sales growth?
A. Safeway ( SWY )
B. Whole Foods ( WFM )
C. Kroger ( KR )
D. Supervalu ( SVU )
7. What was lululemon's ( LULU ) net profit margin for its fiscal year ended February 3, 2013?
8. How many retail stores did Cabela's ( CAB ) operate at the end of 2012?
9. Which one of the following retailers had negative same-store sales growth in 2012?
A. Dollar Tree ( DLTR )
B. Abercrombie & Fitch ( ANF )
C. Tiffany & Co ( TIF )
D. Tractor Supply ( TSCO )
10. Among the four retailers listed below, which had the highest net profit margin in its most recent fiscal year?
A. Dillard's ( DDS )
B. Ross Stores ( ROST )
C. Target ( TGT )
D. Nordstrom ( JWN )
ANSWERS: 1.D 2.A 3.C 4.B 5.D 6.C 7.C 8.A 9.B 10.B
Post your score below. You're on the honor system!