- PM reported earnings per share of 98, which is down from the $1.16 reported the same time last year.
- Analysts' estimates has EPS coming in at $1.11
- Revenue was down 8% from last year to $6.1 billion.
- Wall Street was expecting revenue of $6.34 billion.
- Philip Morris blames weak revenue and EPS on strong currency headwinds.
- The company is expecting EPS between $4.40 and $4.50 in 2016.
- Analysts are estimating $4.47 for 2016 EPS.
PM shares were down 1% as of Tuesday morning.
More From InvestorPlace:
- The 10 Best Stocks to Buy for the Next 10 Years
- 7 Dividend Stocks With Oodles of Room to Grow
- 5 Stocks to Buy for an April Money Shower
The post Philip Morris International Inc. (PM) Q1 Earnings Recap: What to Know appeared first on InvestorPlace .