- USDMXN testing key pivot resistance- breach to mark larger recovery
- Updated targets & invalidation levels
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinar s on Mondays at 12:30GMT
Technical Outlook: USD/MXN rebounded off a sliding parallel extending off the 11/3 high this week with the advance failing at confluence resistance at 19.2997- a region defined by the 23.6% retracement of the 2017 range, the lower parallel of the descending pitchfork (blue) & former trendline support extending off the late 2015 lows (red).
A breach above / close above this zone is needed to validate a near-term reversal in the pair with such a scenario targeting 19.5458/6402 backed by 19.9220 & 20.2456 - both areas of interest for possible exhaustion / short-entries. Interim support rests with the yearly low-day close at 18.5750 with a break lower eyeing key support at 18.0045-18.15860 .
See how shifts in retail positioning are effecting market trends- Click here to learn more about IG Client Sentiment indicators!
Notes: A closer look at price action further highlights the reversal off this this near-term resistance confluence with the pullback now testing initial support at 18.8931 . From a trading standpoint, I'll favor fading near-term weakness while above the 18.5750 with a breach higher eyeing subsequent topside objectives- Ultimately I'd be looking to sell a larger-scale recovery towards structural resistance. Keep in mind we have U.S. 1Q GDP & Core PCE figures on tap tomorrow morning.
Check out our 2Q projections in our Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts .
Relevant Data Releases
Other Setups in Play:
- Silver Prices Testing Initial Support Hurdles
- AUD/USD Levels to Know for Australia CPI Tonight
- EUR/AUD Gaps Into Resistance- Pullback to Offer Opportunity
- Webinar: Mind the Gaps- Levels in Play Post-Election
- NZD/USD Rebound Vulnerable Ahead of New Zealand CPI
- Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.
Learn forex trading with a free practice account and trading charts from IG .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.