Pandora (P) Misses Q4 Earnings Expectations, Stock Sliding
Pandora Media IncP just released their fourth quarter fiscal 2015 earnings results, posting earnings of $-0.07 per share and revenue of $336.2 million.
Currently, Pandora has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Missed earnings estimates. The company posted $-0.07 per share , missing our Zacks Consensus Estimate of -0.06. This number excludes $0.02 from nonrecurring items.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $336.2 million , surpassing our estimate of $333 million. This number reflects a 25% year-over-year increase.
3. Reported that Q4 total listening hours were 5.37 billion, growing 3% year-over-year.
4. Brian McAndrews, CEO of Pandora, said that "We enter 2016 with an enhanced portfolio of assets, cost certainty and substantial competitive advantages. We're invested in the long-term, and I could not have more conviction about the ability of Pandora to lead the future of music."
5. P was down $0.83, or 9.13%, to $8.26 as of 4:39 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here's a graph that looks at Pandora'slong-term quarterly revenue and growth rate:
Pandora Media, Inc. is a provider of Internet radio in the United States. It provides services to traditional computers and smartphones, such as Android phones, Blackberry phones and the iPhone. When a listener enters a single song, artist, composer or genre to start a station, its mathematical algorithms combine the genes cataloged with individual and collective feedback to suggest songs and build personalized playlists. The company also offers advertising solutions addressing advertising markets: online display, rich media and video, mobile and broadcast radio. Pandora Media, Inc was founded in 2000 and is based in Oakland, California.
Check back later for our full analysis onPandora'sfourth quarter earnings report!
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.