The New Zealand dollar initially fell, but then turned around a break to the upside, only to pull back again. The volatility in this pair makes a lot of sense though, because there's a lot of uncertainty out there when it comes to commodity markets. Remember, the New Zealand dollar is highly sensitive to the commodity markets, so this back and forth type of trading makes a lot of sense. Given enough time, I think the buyers probably come back, but the US dollar has seen a bit of a resurgence during the day. Currently, I feel comfortable on the sidelines.
NZD/USD Video 12.9.17
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- GBP/USD Daily Fundamental Forecast - September 12, 2017
- GBP/USD Forecast September 12, 2017, Technical Analysis
- Midday Forex Snapshot - September 11, 2017
- Market Snapshot - Stock Markets Rebound as Risks Recede
- King Dollar No More?
- Equities Turning Bullish as Risk Appetite Ignites, US Futures Point to a Higher Open
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.