Via ASB in New Zealand, their forecasting 'barometer' report for the NZD/USD in 2016
In brief (bolding mine):
- The NZD has been trading between 0.6400 and 0.6900 recently, and businesses expect this to continue
- In contrast, we expect the NZD can drop further over the year ahead, and re-test recent lo ws
- The NZD's drop over the past year is not expected to flow through to higher prices for a high proportion of firms
What is the ASB Kiwi Dollar Barometer?
- It tracks exporters', importers' and importer/exporters' exposures to foreign exchange risk, through surveying businesses with annual turnover of at least NZ$1 million
- The Barometer also surveys businesses' expectations for the NZD/USD and businesses' hedging plans for managing foreign exchange risk, as well as special questions on topical issues in the FX markets