by Declan Wasp
On June 28 2018, Nasdaq’s Daniel Romito, Global Head of Investor Analytics, and Nicolai Lundy, Director of Education and Partnerships at SASB (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board), discussed how the convergence of ESG (Environmental Social and Governance), Index Investing and Activism is transforming shareholder engagement and activism globally. During the presentation, Dan and Nicolai shared key insights on how best practices for investor relations professionals are adjusting with a changing financial landscape.
Some key points from Dan’s and Nicolai’s discussion:
- ESG plays a vital role in quantifying the risk premium assigned to an equity.
- Index funds are utilizing ESG as a means to voice their opinions by placing a larger spotlight on the long-term sustainability of a given corporate’s governance framework.
- ESG’s primary components; Environmental, Human Rights, Labor Practices & Decent Work, Economic, Society and Product Responsibility, allow for a company to not only focus on important philanthropic issues, but also to be viewed as a proxy for long term capital.
- Index investor’s utilization of ESG have shifted from passive to active investing, which has opened “a new branch of shareholder activism.”
- SASB’s industry-specific standards on sustainability topics, such as ESG, can be vital for businesses and investors.
You can watch the replay here.
ABOUT NASDAQ IR SOLUTIONS
NASDAQ IR INSIGHT | ADVISORY SERVICES | STRATEGIC CAPITAL INTELLIGENCE | PERCEPTION STUDIES
Designed for companies of all sizes and at every stage of the corporate lifecycle, our full suite delivers comprehensive content with innovative technology tools in an integrated IR workflow.
Nasdaq IR Solutions offers a suite of IR content, analytics and advisory services to help investor relations professionals:
- Gain insight into market developments and institutional investor activities.
- Understand investor opportunities and risks.
- Define and prioritize outreach.
- Measure the impact of your IR program.
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions, a business of Nasdaq, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries (collectively, “Nasdaq”), for informational purposes only. Nasdaq makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Nasdaq, the Nasdaq logo, and Nasdaq Corporate Solutions are registered and unregistered trademarks, or service marks, of Nasdaq, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. ©Nasdaq, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved.Comments or opinions expressed on the blog are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this blog do not necessarily represent the views of Nasdaq, Inc. or any of its affiliates, or its or their management or employees (collectively, “Nasdaq”). Nasdaq is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content contributed by contributors to the blog.