Nike Inc (NKE) just released their second quarter fiscal 2016 earnings results, posting an earnings beat of $0.05 and a revenue miss of -$.105 billion
Currently, Nike has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted $0.90, beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.85.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $7.69 billion, missing our estimate of $7.795 billion.
3. Nike reported fiscal earnings for the quarter to be $795 million.
4. Nike's shares have gained about 37% on the year as of Tuesday's close.
5. NKE was up $4.30, or 3.26%, to $136.15 as of 4:40 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here's a graph that looks at Nike's stock performance in the last year:
Nike is a company that design, develops, and markets high quality footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products. The company is one of the largest sellers of athletic footwear and athletic apparel in the world, and sells its products to retailers in the United States and through a mix of independent distributors, licensees and subsidiaries worldwide. Nike was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon.
Check back later for our full analysis on Nike's second quarter earnings report!
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.