Through the first three quarters of 2021, Nasdaq has continued to see strong listings momentum not only in the U.S. but also in its European markets. The latter of which welcomed a record 143 listings, including 111 initial public offerings (IPOs), 21 exchange transfers and seven direct listings, raising a total of EUR 7.1 billion.
The 143 listings through three quarters of 2021 vastly surpass the 44 listings during the same period in 2020. Year-to-date, both the number of IPOs and the capital raised on Nasdaq’s European Markets were the highest on record. During the third quarter alone, Nasdaq’s European markets welcomed 30 new listings, raising a total of EUR 1.1 billion.
“After a record-breaking first half of the year, during which we solidified our position as one of the leading European hubs for listings, we are pleased with the strong continued momentum as we reported another fantastic quarter,” said Adam Kostyál, head of European Listings at Nasdaq.
Through the first three quarters of the year, Nasdaq’s European markets welcomed companies from various sectors, including technology, telecommunications and healthcare. The five largest listings by proceeds raised during the third quarter include:
- Cary Group Holding AB, a leading vehicle glass repair and replacement provider, raised EUR 445.7 million
- CTEK AB, a battery management solutions provider, raised EUR 206.7 million
- Profoto Holding AB, a global lighting solutions company, raised EUR 92.8 million
- Kjell Group AB, a leading player in consumer electronics accessories, raised EUR 90.3 million
- Modulight Corporation, a semiconductor laser company, raised EUR 79 million
Looking ahead to the remainder of the year, Kostyál said, “The fourth-quarter pipeline looks very promising. As a leading growth market for European small- and mid-cap companies, we look forward to partnering with our companies and supporting them with access to capital and visibility as they embark on their next phase of growth.”