Nasdaq Corporate Solutions Q&A Video: How Corporate Boards Tackle Cybersecurity. Featuring Gov. Tom Ridge, NACD and Nasdaq.
Nasdaq Corporate Solutions convened a panel of experts to discuss how corporate boards tackle cybersecurity. Featured guests were Governor Tom Ridge, Chairman at Ridge Global and former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security; Peter Gleason, CEO of National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD); and David Strandberg, Chief Counsel at Nasdaq. Ben Maiden, Editor at Corporate Secretary, moderated the discussion.
Key highlights include:
- Corporate board level awareness and understanding of cyber risk is still a challenge; NACD data indicates 19% of corporate directors feel confident on cyber issues.
- The scope of cyber risks has also evolved. It is critical that management teams and corporate boards are updated on how various risks have changed and what technologies and processes are being implemented.
- Directors should ensure that technology has a formal role at the board level: Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) and CIOs should update management and the board on a frequent basis.
- Boards should maintain the dialogue across the entire workforce to raise the level of confidence.
- Routinely audit internal and external risks: monitor where board-level data is stored, how it is secured and who has access.
Rich Text Ends here
ABOUT NASDAQ CORPORATE SOLUTIONS
INVESTOR RELATIONS I PUBLIC RELATIONS I COMMUNICATIONS I BOARD MANAGEMENT
Nasdaq Corporate Solutions helps organizations manage and master the two-way flow of information with their audiences. Around the globe, market leaders rely upon our unmatched suite of advanced technology, analytics and consultative services to maximize the value of their work—from investor relations and corporate governance to public relations and communications.
Intuitive Board Portal Software for Public, Private, and Non-Profit Boards
Nasdaq Corporate Solutions’ MeetX and Directors Desk can help streamline meeting processes, which, in turn, may accelerate decision-making and strengthen governance. Used by public, private and non-profit organizations worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500, MeetX and Directors Desk combine functionality with security features, ease-of-use and mobility.
Follow us on LinkedIn: Nasdaq Corporate Solutions
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions, a business of Nasdaq, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries (collectively, “Nasdaq”), for informational purposes only. Nasdaq makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Nasdaq, the Nasdaq logo, and Nasdaq Corporate Solutions are registered and unregistered trademarks, or service marks, of Nasdaq, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. ©Nasdaq, Inc. 2017. All rights reserved.
Comments or opinions expressed on the blog are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this blog do not necessarily represent the views of Nasdaq, Inc. or any of its affiliates, or its or their management or employees (collectively, “Nasdaq”). Nasdaq is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content contributed by contributors to the blog.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.