A couple of news items relating to the huge earthquake and big aftershock quakes that have hit New Zealand
- Radio New Zealand (this via Reuters) reports officials have said the Clarence River slip dam has been breached, says residents downstream have been urged to see higher ground
- And, via Bloomberg - Statistics New Zealand have delayed the retail sales data that was due tomorrow, until further notice
More on the flooding:
- A "large wall of water" is surging down the Clarence River, and nearby residents are being warned to move to higher ground as soon as possible.
- A slip dammed the river near the confluence with the Dart Stream, north west of Kaikoura, following Monday' morning's 7.5-magnitude earthquake
- Earthquake of 7.8 magnitude hits New Zealand
- Earthquakes continue in New Zealand, M6.2 hits near Christchurch