McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD ) is celebrating International Women's Day by turning its golden arches upside down.
For those that don't get the trick, turning the company's golden "M" logo upside down makes it a "W." McDonald's features restaurant owner Patricia Williams in a video showing the changing of the logo at one MCD location.
The change isn't just taking place at that one McDonald's store. The company is actually changing its logo on its website and social media accounts to match. The following it what it had to say on the matter via its Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR ) account.
"Today, we flip our Golden Arches to celebrate the women who have chosen McDonald's to be a part of their story, like the Williams family. In the U.S. we're proud to share that 6 out of 10 restaurant managers are women."
McDonald's post about International Women's Day caught the attention of users on Twitter, but maybe not how it hoped. The comments quickly broke out into calls for the chain to pay its employees more. The following are a few examples.
- "Maybe instead of flipping an arch you should pay you workers a living wage #128056;☕"
- "As a woman, thank you. Oh, and pay all your employees at least $15/hour too."
- "Hey @McDonalds, friendly reminder that the best way to honor the history of #InternationalWomensDay is to pay your employees a living wage & remove barriers to unionization."
If you want more International Women's Day content, you can check out this gallery of quotes to share on social media.
More From InvestorPlace
- 10 Dividend-Payers to Own for Month-to-Month Income
- 3 High-Yield Stocks to Buy as Rates Head Higher
- 5 Top Warren Buffett Stock Picks
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
The post McDonald's Flips Golden Arches to Celebrate International Women's Day appeared first on InvestorPlace .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.