Xylem Inc. (0.7%) ( XYL )(XYL - $36.42 - NYSE) is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and application of highly engineered technologies for the transportation, treatment, and testing of water. The company is expected to benefit from favorable long term fundamentals in the water industry, driven by scarcity, population growth, aging of the infrastructure, and the need to improve water quality. Further, with a large installed base of pumps and systems, the company is well positioned to increase aftermarket revenue, which currently represents roughly 40% of total revenues. Xylem's attractive business mix also generates strong cash flow, which is expected to support acquisitions, debt service, and dividend growth. Concerns regarding weakness in Europe and municipal spending levels in the U.S. remain, although we believe the long term fundamentals outweigh these concerns.
- David Abrams Undervalued Stocks
- David Abrams Top Growth Companies
- David Abrams High Yield stocks
- Bill Gates Undervalued Stocks
- Bill Gates Top Growth Companies
- Bill Gates High Yield stocks
- Carl Icahn Undervalued Stocks
- Carl Icahn Top Growth Companies
- Carl Icahn High Yield stocks
- Mario Gabelli Undervalued Stocks
- Mario Gabelli Top Growth Companies
- Mario Gabelli High Yield stocks
From Mario Gabelli ( Trades , Portfolio )'s Gabelli Asset Fund's first quarter 2014 shareholder commentary.About GuruFocus: GuruFocus.com tracks the stocks picks and portfolio holdings of the world's best investors. This value investing site offers stock screeners and valuation tools. And publishes daily articles tracking the latest moves of the world's best investors. GuruFocus also provides promising stock ideas in 3 monthly newsletters sent to Premium Members .
This article first appeared on GuruFocus .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.