Marathon Purchases Additional 10,000 S-19 Pro Miners From Bitmain
- The machines, when delivered and fully installed, will add 1.10 exahash to the company’s existing mining power.
- Delivery of Marathon’s new machines is expected to begin in January 2021 with all miners fully deployed by the end of Q1 2021, according to CEO Merrick Okamoto.
- This latest contract marks the continued rapid expansion of Marathon’s mining power after signing another $23 million deal with Bitmain for 10,500 additional miners in August, as CoinDesk reported.
- The Las Vegas-based company also formed a joint venture early this month with Maryland-based Beowulf Energy to supply power to Marathon’s miners at a rate 38% lower than its current costs.
- This New Service Plays Matchmaker Between Solo Miners, Big Mining Farms
- Bitcoin Miner Marathon Eyes Profitability Boost Through Joint Venture with US Power Provider
- Riot Buys 2,500 More Bitmain Miners in Latest Fleet Expansion
- Bitcoin Miners Saw 11% Revenue Drop in September