MAC Cosmetics New Selena Makeup: 7 Things to Know
MAC Cosmetics has launched a makeup line honoring late Tejano singer Selena.
The Mexican-American star was known as much for her style as her music, which featured bold lipsticks, full eyelashes and arched brows. Selena died a tragic death in 1995 when she was murdered by a business associate.
However, her legacy persists and MAC Cosmetics is bringing her style back to life with its new line of beauty products. Here are seven things to know about it:
- The company launched its first El Paso location at Cielo Vista Mall Thursday, which includes the Selena collection.
- The launch of the product began at 10 a.m. Thursday in the lower level near the court area in the mall, located at 8401 Gateway Blvd. West.
- Los Angeles radio producer Patty Rodriguez made the idea happen by pitching the Selena-inspired concept to MAC Cosmetics in 2013 following the release of a line honoring Marilyn Monroe.
- She sent the information about a potential Selena line to her fans, then started a petition on change.org with the hopes of getting the company to get on board. It received its minimum of 5,000 signatures in under 24 hours, eventually collecting more than 37,000 signatures.
- The collection includes 14 products that the Tejano sensation rocked, including lipsticks, eye shadows, liquid liner, mascara and more.
- The line was out Friday in her hometown of Corpus Christi and it launched online Saturday. It sold out almost immediately
- The makeup line is available until Nov. 17.
Rest in peace, Selena.
More From InvestorPlace
- The 10 Best Stocks to Buy for the Rest of 2016
- 7 Stock Charts to Watch in October
- 5 Top Stocks to Buy for October