Guru Kyle Bass ( Trades , Portfolio ) is a great investor, and I really like his investment philosophies. Most recently I read the book "Money" by Anthony Robbins, in which he interviewed Bass. He asked him, "What's most important to winning?" and Bass replied, "Hunger and pain. Hunger comes from pain; you don't get really hungry when it's been easy." He then went on to say, "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity."
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 4 Warning Signs with JAH. Click here to check it out.
- JAH 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of JAH
- Peter Lynch Chart of JAH
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 3 Warning Sign with BDBD. Click here to check it out.
- BDBD 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of BDBD
- Peter Lynch Chart of BDBD
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 6 Warning Signs with LNG. Click here to check it out.
- LNG 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of LNG
- Peter Lynch Chart of LNG
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 4 Warning Signs with CHK. Click here to check it out.
- CHK 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of CHK
- Peter Lynch Chart of CHK
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 3 Warning Sign with CF. Click here to check it out.
- CF 15-Year Financial Data
- The intrinsic value of CF
- Peter Lynch Chart of CF
Bass bought 464,101 shares of CF Industries Holdings, a global manufacturer and distributor of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products. The company's business is divided into two operating segments, the Nitrogen and the Phosphate segments. The company's products in the nitrogen segment are ammonia, granular urea, urea ammonium nitrate solution, or UAN, DEF and aqua ammonia nitrate, or AN.
Below is a chart comparing CF Industries Holdings' price to earnings.
CF Industries Holdings has a market cap of $10.6 billion, a P/E ratio of 11.9, a P/S ratio of 2.49 and a dividend yield of 2.63.
The Hayman Capital Management fund added 606,618 shares of Impax Laboratories. It is a technology-based, specialty pharmaceutical company applying formulation and development expertise as well as its drug delivery technology to develop, manufacture and market bioequivalent pharmaceutical products, commonly referred to as generics, in addition to the development and marketing of branded products. The company operates in two segments namely Global Pharmaceuticals Division and Impax Pharmaceuticals Division.
Impax Laboratories has a market cap of $3.15 billion, a P/E ratio of 119.64, a P/S ratio of 4.54 and a quick ratio of 2.83.
Below is a chart comparing the price to earnings for Impax.
GW Pharmaceuticals is also traded in the UK and Germany.
Bass also added 210,715 shares of GW Pharmaceuticals. The company was incorporated on Feb. 15, 2001 under the laws of England and Wales. It is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of cannabinoid prescription medicines to meet patient needs. Its reportable segments are Sativex commercial, Sativex research and development and pipeline research and development.
GW Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $1.67 billion, a P/S ratio of 37.15, a P/B ratio of 4.49 and a cash-to-debt ratio of 151.40. GuruFocus ranks its financial strength at 5/10.
Below is a Peter Lynch chart for GW Pharmaceuticals.
Cheers to your investment success.
About GuruFocus: GuruFocus.com tracks the stocks picks and portfolio holdings of the world's best investors. This value investing site offers stock screeners and valuation tools. And publishes daily articles tracking the latest moves of the world's best investors. GuruFocus also provides promising stock ideas in 3 monthly newsletters sent to Premium Members .
This article first appeared on GuruFocus .