Bank of Japan (BOJ) Governor Kuroda speaking in parliament today:
- BOJ easing having desired effects
- Core CPI is moving about 0%
- Core CPI at 0% due to fall in oil prices
- Sees Japan's overall price trend as improving
- CPI ex-Fresh Food, Energy positive for past 28 months
- Almost all recent moves can be explained by oil
- Will continue easing until 2% inflation is stable
- Expects core CPI to reach 2% around H1 of FY 2017
We had a giggle about Kuroda's 3D printing back in the good old days. About 3 weeks ago or something.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- Stimulus Update: MIllions Will Get a Stimulus Check in June. Are You One of Them?
- Social Security Checks Could Soar in 2023: Here's How Much Extra Seniors Might Receive
- Better Buy: Dogecoin vs. Terra Classic vs. Terra (LUNA)?
- Bitcoin Uses 50 Times Less Energy Than Traditional Banking, New Study Shows