Comments from Dallas Fed President:
- While the Fed wants to normalize, it can't force it. Must be patient
- The world will need to get used to lower levels of growth in China
- Since December, financial conditions have tightened
- Zero rates cause distortions
- Tighter financial conditions may slow US economy
- I want to be vigilant, patient in assessing how events are unfolding
- Should not be speculating about future rate hikes; assessing global, domestic outlook
He's dovish today but he's been trending that way since mid-January .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.