Highlights Of the Quarter:
1) Positive Momentum For Systems And Services North America
- Revenues increased by 8% (9% excluding currency impact).
- Orders secured up by 7%.
- Backlog rose by 8%, driven by activity in healthcare, higher education, and public transportation.
- Strong growth in most of the HVAC businesses and share gains.
2) China Investments Paying Off In Power Solutions
- Record shipments in the quarter, 60% growth versus the prior year.
- Increase in original equipment shipments by over 20%.
- AGM units sales nearly double.
3) Impressive Johnson Controls-Hitachi Joint Venture
- Great performance in China, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Progress in market plans across Europe and Asia, with increased backlog in base's design work in North America.
- Additional revenues of $740 million.
Have more questions on Johnson Controls? See the links below:
- Will Johnson Controls Miss Estimates Again?
- How Has Johnson Controls' Net Sales Changed By Geographic Areas?
- How Does The Adient Spin-Off And Tyco Merger Create Value For Johnson Controls' and Tyco's Shareholders?
- What Costs Did Johnson Controls' 2015 Restructuring Plan Entail?
- Johnson Controls: Year 2015 In Review
- How Will Johnson Controls' Revenue And EBITDA Composition Change In The Next 3 Years?
- How Has Johnson Controls' Revenue And EBITDA Composition Changed In The Last 5 Years?
- What's Johnson Controls' Fundamental Value Based On Expected 2016 Results?
- By What Percentage Did Johnson Controls' Revenue & EBITDA Grow In The Last 5 Years?
- What's Johnson Controls' Revenue And EBITDA Breakdown?
1) The purpose of these analyses is to help readers focus on a few important things. We hope such lean communication sparks thinking, and encourages readers to comment and ask questions on the comment section, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Figures mentioned are approximate values to help our readers remember the key concepts more intuitively. For precise figures, please refer to our complete analysis for Johnson Controls .
View Interactive Institutional Research (Powered by Trefis):
Global Large Cap | U.S. Mid & Small Cap | European Large & Mid Cap
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.