Japanese official CPI data is due on Friday 25 December 2015 in Tokyo. Bank of Japan inflation data due also.
Due at 2330GMT December 24 (thats 8.30am Tokyo time Friday, 11.30pm London Thursday and 6.30pm Eastern US Thursday )
- National CPI y/y for November, expected is +0.3%, prior was +0.3%
- National CPI y/y excluding Fresh Food, expected is 0.0%, prior was -0.1%
- National CPI excluding Food, Energy y/y, expected is 0.8%, prior was 0.7%
- Tokyo CPI y/y for December, expected is 0.1%, prior was 0.2% (Tokyo CPI data is available a month earlier than the National CPI)
- Tokyo CPI excluding Fresh Food y/y, expected is 0.1%, prior was 0.0%
- Tokyo CPI excluding Food, Energy y/y, expected is 0.6%, prior was 0.6%
Note: The Bank of Japan inflation measure is also due, a few hours later than this official data (see below)
Also due at 2330GMT
- Overall Household Spending y/y for November, expected is -2.2%, prior was -2.4%
- Jobless Rate for November, expected is 3.2%, prior was 3.1%
- Job-To-Applicant Ratio for November, expected is 1.24, prior was 1.24
Due at 0500GMT December 25 (thats 2pm Tokyo time Friday, 5am London time on Friday, midnight Eastern US time) we get the Bank of Japan inflation measure, which is a national CPI exlcuding food and energy
- expected is 1.2%, prior was 1.2%
OK, so ... the elephant in the room ... Will FXL have the data as it is released?
Errrr.... given the data is out on Christmas Day there may well be some delay.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.